Sophomore Orientation: Bouncer Criss
Sophomore Blogger Bouncer Criss of “Pixelphasion 4 Men” is part of that mysterious male blogger community and the owner of “Bounce This Poses”. I enjoy reading Bouncers’ blog, but his pictures & videos are truly what I tune in for; from his fashion pics to his *cough* pixel porn…oh my!
1. How long you been blogging and what made you start? I started blogging in March 2011, after a SL breakup, I was looking for something new to do. I had been a stalker of Sixx Yangtz blog for a while, so I dove blind and head first into blogging.
2. What blogger have you worked with that you’d love to work with again? I’ve blogged a couple of times with Aline Verrazzano, I’m a huge fan of her style ( the girl is a blogging machine), so it would be cool to blog with her again.
3. Whom or what inspires you when you hit that blogging wall or blogging block? If I hit a blogger wall, I like to maybe do a decor blog post, and decorate a room, or maybe a small house. The other thing I like to do is find a picture from one of my favorite RL designers (Pepe Jeans, or Ralph Lauren) and try to duplicate a look from one of their print ads.
4. What blog(s)/bloggers have influenced they way you blog today? Sixx Yangtz was the biggest reason I started blogging, and the old school SLuicideGirls back when I started blogging, the edgy, sexual part of that blog was a HUGE influence.
5. What are some of the challenges you face now versus when you started? I still love blogging as much as I did on my first blog post, probably more now. Mesh has it challenges with sizing, layering, and styling. The biggest challenge is the goals I’ve set for myself, some are realistic and some aren’t.
6. How do you think your peers see you? LOL…um I have no idea, but would be fun to know what they thought.
7. Name one blogger that you would do a collab with if given a chance? That is a tough question. There are a bunch of bloggers I’d love to do a collab with, and some lady bloggers I’d love to do some NSFW posts with.
8. Word of wisdom for Freshman Bloggers?
1. Have fun with it, and be yourself. I’ve had a blast with it since I started, and met a lot of great people.
2. Be creative, learn the basics of photo-shop or gimp or some type of editing program.
3. Don’t be scared to ask questions, there are a lot of bloggers with a ton of knowledge that would be happy to help.
I learned a lot of stuff the hard way because I was scared to ask for help.