Freshman Blogger: Shiloh Selene
Freshman Blogger Shiloh Selene
Shiloh Selene is an amazing person to talk to; bright, funny and stylish! She makes no apologies for her carefree and truly awesome pics, and she should not! As her blog implies “Unapologetic Second Life Fashion Blog” Second Life Fashion means never having to say you are sorry!
1. How long you been blogging? I have been blogging SL fashion for 10 months, but have blogged professionally in RL for a while as a freelance writer.
2. Why did you make the decision to start blogging? I love writing, and I always have. When I gave up my freelance writing gig for a 9-5 desk job, I needed to find something to fill that void. I’ve always loved taking photos in SL, and of course, I LOVE to shop so fashion blogging just seemed like a natural fit for me.
3. Who inspired/inspires you in your blogging? I was a longtime follower of Gogo’s Juicybomb blog, so fashion-wise, she was my inspiration. I have also had the fortune to work with Whiskey Monday in both worlds, and her blog “Whiskey Shots” inspired me to go beyond “here is my cute outfit today” and to make Unapologetic Second Life Blog my own. So I fill it with tales and anecdotes from my own life when I feel like it, and some days if I just feel like making a pretty picture, then that’s what I’ll do!
4. What blogger would you most like to meet and do a collab with? I would love to do a collab with Linda Reddevil. I know I could learn a lot from her!
5. What are some of the challenges you face in your blogging? Oh dear, where do I begin? LOL! Firstly, blogging/inventory organization. My inventory is a disaster. Someday I will actually get it organized, I just don’t know when. But right now I am struggling with finding my photography “style.” I’m trying new things, waiting for that one image to *click* for me. If you look through my Flickr, you can tell I haven’t really found my style yet, but I’ll keep plugging away until I do. ☺
6. How would like to be known? In general, I’d like to be known as a kind person. I try my best to live by the words of the Dalai Lama “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
Get Social With Shiloh!